Stereo mastering is the most conventional type of audio mastering. With this type of online mastering you provide us your stereo mix. Other types of mastering our studio provides are stem mastering and multitrack mixing/mastering.
How to prepare your tracks for stereo mastering
Take a final listen to the track and check if everything is mixed properly. Below a few tips.
- If your track contains vocals check them on “ssss” sounds and use a De-esser if possible to avoid loud s-peaks.
The s-sounds should be in balance with the rest of the high frequencies of the mix.
- Check the level of the high and low frequencies of your sound effects. These frequencies should not be too loud compared to the rest of the high and low frequencies of your mix.
- Listen carefully to the balance between the bass drum and bass line.
- Bypass all compression and limiting on the master output.
- Turn off dithering and noise shaping.
- Check your output level after removing the compression and limiting and make sure that it doesn’t clip.
- Make sure your peak levels are anywhere between -12 and -0,1dB.
- Render you track as aiff or wav. The minimum bit depth 16 bit The minimum sample-rate 44.1khz.