What are the benefits of multitrack mixing / mastering?
With multitrack mixing / mastering we have access to all the individual elements of your song. Having access to all these elements we can apply changes to each element separately. Therefore multitrack mixing / mastering gives us endless possibilities to optimize your music.
Do my tracks need to be mixed?
If you are not sure that your music can benefit from our online mixing service rather than stem mastering or stereo mastering you can send us your mix so we can take a listen. We prefer soundcloud links. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including a link to the track.
How to prepare your music for online multitrack mixing / mastering
It’s not so hard to create the files needed for our online mixing service. Below a few tips.
- Label and organize the tracks of your song properly.
- If possible make some folders to group various types of instruments (E.g. Percussion, Vocals, Synths, SFX, Other)
- Remove all compression and limiting on the master output of your DAW. Leave sidechains, automatic filters, reverbs and delays turned on. You could render a seperate file that includes only the reverbs and delays.
- Noise shaping and dithering should be turned off.
- Make sure the audio does not clip.
- For best results try to keep the peak levels anywhere between -20 and -0,1dB.
- Export the individual track as aiff or wav. The minimum bit depth should be 16 bit. But for mixing 24 bit is better. The minimum sample-rate should be 44.1kHz.
- Make sure that you export each track from the beginning of your timeline. So each track has the same starting point.
- Import all the rendered tracks in your DAW and line them up.
- Hit playback and listen if the everything sounds the way it should.
- Prepare the tracks for upload by adding all the tracks and folders to a zip file.
The file set suitable for our online mixing service could look like this:
- Lead Guitar.wav
- Bass Guitar.wav
- Kick drum.wav
- Closed Hi-hat
- Open Hi Hat
How to order multitrack mixing / mastering
Our Online mixing service that includes mastering can be handled by our web interface. In step 3 of the web interface you can mark the multitrack mixing / mastering option. Don’t forget to mention how many tracks your song has. The web interface will calculate the costs and will give you a quotation.
The result of the multitrack mixing / mastering
Of course the result of our online mixing service greatly depends on our mixing and mastering skills. We have more than 20 years of experience in mixing and mastering various types of music. During these years we have had many satisfied customers. Check the credentials on this page. Also check our discography for a selection of the work we did in the past.
However the result of our online mixing service will also depend on your personal wishes and the quality of your mix:
- Your personal wishes
- Tell us what kind of sound you are looking for or what you feel is missing in the sound of your track. When uploading your tracks you can place comments using our web interface. After uploading and during the mastering you can also send us a message using the private online forum. The mastering engineer is reading these messages during the mastering. If we have questions or comments we will place them on this forum too.
- Upload a reference track along with the track you want us to master using the web interface. The reference track can be a version of the track mastered by you. Or a track you would like us to use as an example for your sound.
- The quality of your sounds